We have spent a lot of time over the past five years asking drivers what they want in a work bag. It can be tricky making everyone happy as there is such a wide variety of needs. These range from the driver that only does day shifts, through to the driver that is away from home for weeks at a time.
Adding to the complexity, some drivers have their own allocated truck and store most of their gear in that vehicle. Whereas, drivers that swap trucks on a daily basis need to take all their gear with them. They need to be mobile.
At Nxt Journey we started with a drivers bag that took a middle ground. Our Truckie Bag Version 3 is designed for the driver that is away overnight on average up to a week (obviously determined by how much gear you need to take, the weather conditions and type of work you are doing).
What is a must in a Drivers Bag?
During the development of the Original Truckie Bag, we identified that there were some must haves. These included:
- Storage of the Australian Professional Drivers Work Diary (or what some of you refer to as ‘The Book of Lies’. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!)
- Storage of electrical devices such as phone, tablet devices, etc.
- Storage of pens, wallet, keys, security passes and other odds and ends
- Sections to keep your wet/dirty clothes separate from your clean clothes
- Section to keep spare shoes away from your clean gear
We will continue to develop and refine our range of bags to ensure they meet the needs of the Australian Professional Driver. Let us know if there is anything you would like to see included in our bags. We appreciate all feedback.