- Dimensions: 520mm (L) x 320mm (W) x 370mm (H-when fully extended)
- Designed in Australia by NXT Journey
- New & improved Shoulder Strap Buckles
- Safety Orange pockets. Improved brightness from Original Bag
- Large padded side pocket
- Separate Wet clothes Compartment- New addition on the Original Bag
- New Laundry Bag pocket on this model
- Spare shoes compartment
- Padded Tablet/electrical device pocket
- Zippered Water Bottle Pocket. This pocket is padded on the new model as backup phone storage
- Padded internal pocket for Laptop, smart device etc.
- Carry handles and shoulder strap
- Smaller quick entry front pocket for phone, wallet, keys etc.
- Heavy Duty Size 10 SBS zipper to main opening
- Name card holder
The New Safety Bag is available for Pre-purchase now. Expected delivery is 14th February 2020. We will strive to get bags out earlier than this date.
Please Note: We use Woocommerce for our online shop. Woocommerce will not allow the purchase of a ‘Pre-Order Product’ with another ‘In Stock Product’. So for example, if you want to purchase a Safety Bag and a Truckie Bag Version 6, you need to purchase them separately. We apologise for this, but it is beyond our control.
Since the launch of the Original Truckie Bag in 2015, the feedback from the marketplace is that our bags are not just perfect for Professional Truck Drivers, they also fit the bill for any professional that has to travel for work.
Through listening to our customers it was discovered that there was a strong need for a specifically designed Safety Bag. We spent more that 18 months planning the Safety Bag. This involved surveying workers from different industries to find out what was needed in such a bag.
We launched the first Safety Bag back in 2017. We now bring you our new 2020 Model Safety Bag.
“I work on the rail and these bags are perfect for what we do”
“I had a look at one of the safety bags today. Spot on for what I need and the Orange is ideally the colour for use in the rail industry”
Some things we took into consideration when designing the Safety Bag:
- The materials used for the bag needed to be tough. We use high grade tarpaulin on the base and pockets of all our bags, with 600D polyester in other areas. Even if you were to cut the tarpaulin with scissors, it would take tremendous force to then tear the material. It is bound with incorporated thread webbing to increase strength and is solid colour.
- Train drivers in particular told us that when getting into their loco, they place their bag on the mesh foot plate before they climb up. This mesh plate is tough territory, so the base of the bag needs to be strong. We have added foam padding to the base of all our bags. This padding, in conjunction with the tarpaulin material, gives the base extra protection.
- Zippers need to be strong. We use large size 10 SBS zippers on the main opening of the bag and size 8 SBS for all other compartments. These things are smooooooth!
- Bag needed separate compartments to store a range of items such as handheld radios, tablet device, phone, spare clothes, hard hat (and other PPE) and work boots. As with all our bags, we want to provide as much storage as possible, without creating so many pockets that you just lose track of where everything is. We believe we have found a good balance with this bag.
- Bag required high visibility colouring and material, but still needed to look good. We achieved this by retaining the black tarpaulin and 600D for areas of the bag that most likely come into contact with the ground and other surfaces. The black material helps to hide grease and dirt.