NEW MODEL AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2020
- Dimensions: 500mm (L) x 300mm (W) x 350mm (H)
- New & improved Shoulder Strap Buckles
- Designed in Australia by NXT Journey
- Safety Colours
- Large padded side pocket
- Separate Wet clothes/Spare shoes compartment
- Padded Tablet/electrical device pocket
- Oversize Zippered Water Bottle Pocket
- Padded internal pocket for Laptop, smart device etc.
- Carry handles and shoulder strap
- Smaller quick entry front pocket for phone, wallet, keys etc.
- Heavy Duty Large zipper to main opening and all coil zippers throughout
- Name card holder
- Images shown with optional internal bucket bag (currently unavailable)
Since the launch of the Original Truckie Bag in 2015, the feedback from the marketplace is that our bags are not just perfect for Professional Truck Drivers, they also fit the bill for any professional that has to travel for work.
Through listening to our customers it was discovered that there was a strong need for a specifically designed Safety Bag. We spent more that 18 months planning the Safety Bag. This involved surveying workers from different industries to find out what was needed in such a bag.
The feedback was:
- The materials used for the bag needed to be tough. We use high grade tarpaulin on the base and pockets of all our bags, with 600D polyester in other areas. Even if you were to cut the tarpaulin with scissors, it would take tremendous force to then tear the material. It is bound with incorporated thread webbing to increase strength and is solid colour.
- Train drivers in particular told us that when getting into their loco, they place their bag on the mesh foot plate before they climb up. This mesh plate is tough territory, so the base of the bag needs to be strong. We have added foam padding to the base of all our bags. This padding, in conjunction with the tarpaulin material, gives the base extra protection.
- Zippers need to be strong. We use large size 10 coil zipper on the main opening of the bag and size 8 for all other compartments. These things are smooooooth!
- Bag needed separate compartments to store a range of items such as handheld radios, tablet device, phone, spare clothes, hard hat (and other PPE) and work boots. As with all our bags, we want to provide as much storage as possible, without creating so many pockets that you just lose track of where everything is. We believe we have found a good balance with this bag.
- The bag needed to fit lots of stuff, but needed to be compact. We reduced the height of the bag by 3cm to give it a lower stance (the width and length are the same as the Truckie Bag)
- Bag required high visibility colouring and material, but still needed to look good. We achieved this by retaining the black tarpaulin and 600D for areas of the bag that most likely come into contact with the ground and other surfaces. The black material helps to hide grease and dirt.
Putting this all together we are very proud to bring you The Safety Bag.